29.11.12

New knitting project: Bestway 1935

Once again, it's been very busy. This weekend I really want to pick up on my sewing. I want to finish the 40s blouse, I only need to make the buttonholes and then it's done. And I want to finish my Dasha sweater. This week I'm trying to tuck away the threads of the pieces so I can sew it together on saturday. Last thing to do is to sew on the buttons. And then it's finally done!


I don't like to spend whole evenings tucking away the threads, it's such boring thing to do. Thus, to keep myself motivated I started a new knitting project. After working on the Dasha sweater every evening, I treat myself with my new project. 

This time something easier: little colourwork and a lot of ribbing.

It's Bestway 1935, a jumper with a flower yoke:

Source


This will be the main color:

Source
I'm not sure what to do with the flowers yet. I'm thinking about yellow and red, but I like purple and blue as well.

Do you have any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. What a charmingly lovely sweater! I'm a huge fan of vintage fashions featuring flowers. There's so many colour combos that would work nicely here. I'm partial to burgundy, pink, teal and aqua, so I might pick a couple of those, but really think that just about any colours would look pretty here - can't wait to see what you settle on.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still not sure which colours I want to use, luckily I still have a lot of ribbing to do until I'm ready to knit the flowers.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!