22.4.14

WIP: a 40s trio part II and III

Hi there,

Just a small update from me. You remember the 40s blouse with lace insertion I made a while ago? I called it the first part of a 40s trio I want to create. This week I'm working on the other 2 parts of this trio. 


Yesterday afternoon and this afternoon I spent a lot of time inserting the zipper in the plaided skirt. Normally I don't have much trouble with sewing a zipper into a garment. But this one is a bit difficult, because it's put into the pleat. During the sewing lessons I had 2 years ago I learned a method to do this. I have instructions and pictures of the process, but I didn't get the result. I couldn't remember how it was done. So I had to invent something myself. And I'm quite happy with the result. The zipper is invisible, well hidden in a pleat, which is pretty awesome if you ask me!



The crocheted purse is almost finished. I still have my doubts if it will work out in the end. I have sewn the two parts together. I need to sew lining with heavy interfacing, so the purse will keep its shape. Tomorrow I hope to find the right interfacing in a haberdashery store. 

What is on your sewing table?


12 comments:

  1. Die tas is geweldig! Ik wil hem ook maken, maar ik kom niet goed uit dat patroon. Hij is wel heel erg mooi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Het patroon is best lastig. Ik ben ook een paar keer overnieuw begonnen en volgens mij is mijn tasje nu te groot geworden. Dus misschien pas ik dat nog aan.

      Ik wil je wel helpen hoor als het niet lukt!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love plaid skirts. This finished outfit will look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are producing such wonderful things! I'm impressed by all you are accomplishing:) A lovely skirt. I can't wait to see your finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crochet purse is gorgeous! Good luck with finishing it and your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This trio is going to be gorgeous. I really like the purse, I hope you find the right interlining. The skirt is looking great too, that zip sounds tricky. I really must try to do some more sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love both of these projects! I love plaid skirts with pleats and that fabric is just beautiful. And I've seen so many pattern drawings for purses like that one, but I've never seen one made up, so I'll be so interested to see how it comes up. Your stitchwork looks expertly done, very even. What is it made from?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That purse is so wonderfully lovely!!! My passion for crochet purses is growing stronger and stronger with each passing year (heck, even month!). I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that everything works out with it in the end.

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this purse. I am really curious how it will look finished.
    And my greatest respect you are sewing such a pleated plaid skirt. I made a plaid skirt once (no pleats) and it was a catastrophe, I never wore it. Since then I hesitate to sew with plaid fabrics in general.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that classic plaid skirt! It reminds me a bit of some that I've seen pictures of Queen Elizabeth and Princess Margaret wearing back in the 40s when they were teenagers.

    Wishing you a splendid Sunday,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!